When you really stop to think about it, a garage door is actually a moving object! And like any moving object that means it can be a source of potential injury. With that in mind, consider these eleven important safety tips from Garage Door Pros, Davie garage door repair services.
- Never let children play with garage door remote controls. Also, make sure that the garage door opener control button is out of the reach of small children. Five feet from ground level is a general rule.
- Keep your garage door properly maintained to keep it operating safely. Annual maintenance by a trained service technician, such as our Davie garage door repair experts, is recommended.
- Never stand or walk under a moving garage door. Never try to enter or exit the garage by racing to beat a moving garage door. And, more importantly, teach your children to stay away from a moving garage door. Most modern garage doors come equipped with movement sensors but there’s always a chance that these could fail, leaving you or someone else trapped under the door.
- When opening or closing a garage door, always keep the door in view and the garage door button at hand until the door is fully opened or fully closed. In doing so, you can make certain that no people or animals try to enter or exit while the door is moving or, if they do, you can be ready to halt the garage door movement.
- Never place your fingers near or between door sections when the door is opening or closing. Explain to children that doing so can pinch their fingers. If you have very small, or very curious, children consider replacing your garage door with one that has panels that can’t pinch. Our Davie garage door repair contractors can help you find and install an appropriate garage door.
- Be careful about broken window glass. If your garage door has windows, then at some point you may need to deal with broken glass due to storm damage or thrown objects. Be sure to clean up the broken glass as soon as possible using a broom and dustpan rather than your hands. Double check to make sure that you haven’t left any glass shards around for people or animals to step on.
- Once a month, visually inspect the garage door, looking at springs, cables, rollers and pulleys for signs of wear. If you note any trouble spots, be sure to contact Davie garage repair experts to fix the problems. Remember, these parts are under high tension and can easily cause injuries to someone not trained in garage door repairs in Davie.
- Make sure that you know how to use the garage door’s emergency release feature. This is critical should something or someone become trapped under the door or should your electricity go out. Consult your garage door owner’s manual for information on how to use this feature.
- Keep your garage door properly maintained. If your garage door itself is not properly maintained, then there’s a chance that a panel, or even the entire door, can fall and cause harm. Garage Door Pros provides Davie garage door repair contractors who can sign you up for an annual maintenance service, leaving you worry free.
- Before you attempt self repairs, remember that your garage door opener uses electricity, which can shock or kill if mishandled. Service should be performed by a trained Davie garage repair technician.
- If someone backs their car into the garage door or the door suffers other damage such tree branches falling against it in a storm, then you should have the door inspected and repaired if necessary by a trained Davie garage repair technician. Even if the door looks fine, critical components may have become misaligned, creating a potentially dangerous situation.
The Best Garage Door Service in Davie
Garage Door Pros is the leader in the industry of Davie garage repair. We have a team of experienced, well-trained professionals who know garage door repair inside and out. And, even better, we pride ourselves on providing this excellent, reliable service at the best available prices. In fact, we even guarantee that if you receive a written repair estimate that is lower than ours, we’ll meet the estimate and even take an additional 10$ off of it! That’s a price guarantee that no one can’t beat!
We offer a variety of Davie garage repair services at Garage Door Pros. For example, we offer garage door repair, broken spring repair, garage door tune ups, garage door installations, noisy garage door repair and just about anything else you can think of!
Your garage door is more important than you may at first realize. To keep it up and running, be sure to contact Garage Door Pros today at 888-458-9699 to get your free evaluation and estimate. Your family’s safety depends on it!
When you open your front door to your home in the winter, a small gust of cold air comes in and is quickly dissipated within your heated interior. But when you open your garage door in winter, a large amount of cold air comes in, which cannot be dissipated because the garage is already cold.
But an insulated garage door can help keep your garage warmer as well as offer several other advantages you may not have considered. Here’s what you need to know, according to Garage Door Pros, an experienced Weston garage door repair shop.
- A Warmer Garage. An insulated garage door won’t keep your garage from being cold in the winter, but it can prevent it from being freezing. For example, if it’s 20 degrees F outside and your garage door is not insulated, the temperature in your garage will be just below freezing. But if you have an insulated door, your garage can be about 10 degrees ABOVE freezing! That can make a huge difference in the morning when you are trying to start your car or to the integrity of paint and other cold-sensitive items that you might store in your garage.
- A Quieter Garage Door. If your garage door is located underneath a bedroom or next to the side of a living area that you use frequently, then you’ll definitely want to consider the noise that the garage door produces when it is opened and closed. Insulated garage doors make much less noise than do non-insulated garage doors. That’s because while the door is going up and down, the insulation absorbs some of the vibration of the moving parts, thus making the door less noisy.
- A More Durable Garage Door. Insulated garage doors are more durable than non-insulated ones. Non-insulated doors are usually made with only one sheet of metal, which can be easily dented and creased. Insulation adds rigidity to the door panels, helping them withstand certain impacts, as well as the stress of constant raising and lowering. There are several different types of insulation from which you can choose.
- A Better Looking Garage Door. Because insulated garage doors are made from more than just a single sheet of metal, they will look better than non-insulated doors. And who doesn’t want their home to present its best face to passersby? You’ll find a variety of insulated garage door styles to match the curb appeal of your home.
Understanding the R-Value
How do you know how much insulation you need? If your primary goal is to help keep your garage warm, then you will need to consider the insulation’s “R-value.”
The effectiveness of the garage door insulation is expressed as an R-value. The higher the R-value, the better the insulation in the door. If you live in a very cold climate, then the R-value might be your top purchasing consideration. In warmer climates, such as those we have in South Florida, you might be fine with an insulated garage door with a lower R-value.
To give you a rule of thumb guide, a standard wall in a house has an insulation R-value of about 11. When choosing an insulated garage door, your best bet is to get one that meets or exceeds the R-value of the insulation in your specific house. Garage Door Pros’ expert staff can help you determine the best R-value for your Weston garage door repair.
We’re the Best in the Business
If you’re convinced that you need an insulated garage door, then you should definitely consider using Garage Door Pros for garage door service in Weston. Our professional staff is trained and certified in all aspects of garage door repair and installation. They can help you figure out which insulated garage door will be best for your needs, whether your priority is noise reduction, warmth, or simply good looks. Based in South Florida, Garage Door Pros takes pride in our timely, effective, and inexpensive installation, repair, and maintenance services.
In addition to our excellent team of professionals, Garage Door Pros is proud of its commitment to competitive pricing for garage door service in Weston. We’ll be glad to come by to give you a free estimate and we guarantee that we can beat any other service quote by 10%! You won’t find that guarantee anywhere else!
And, we offer a wide range of garage door services in Weston ranging from installing insulated garage doors to replacing broken springs, replacing cables, fixing broken rollers and much, much more. We even offer annual maintenance plans and can handle the biggest, toughest commercial garage door installations.
So call Garage Door Pros now at 888-458-9699 to set up your free estimate for your Weston garage door repairs!