Table of Contents
- Broken Spring Repair Fort Lauderdale Florida
- Signs That Your Garage Door Springs Need Repair or Replacement
- Broken Garage door Springs and The Best Way to Approach Repairs
- Use Caution When Dealing with Broken Garage Door Springs
- Why It’s Never a Good Idea to DIY Repair Your Garage
- Finding the Right Company for Your Garage Door Repair
- Sources and References
Broken Spring Repair Fort Lauderdale Florida
The situation is so common, many people decide to just ignore it: walk out to your garage, press the button on your remote to open the door, then cringe at the squealing sound that accompanies the motor bringing your door up.
There are a variety of issues that can cause garage door problems, not the least of which are broken door springs. With a broken spring, noisy openings are just the beginning. Further deterioration can lead to your door becoming inoperable, which can easily ruin your day if you’re trying to get to work and can’t get your car out of your house.
Let Garage Door Pros do the heavy lifting for you. We can perform garage door spring replacement with no risk of injury.
No need to worry though, you’ve come to the right place. We are Garage Door Experts!
Garage Door Pros’ staff of experienced and certified garage door technicians are well-versed in all aspects of garage door springs. Whether the problem requires repair or full replacement, we will assess your situation and come up with the best and most inexpensive method for getting you back on the road.
Signs That Your Garage Door Springs Need Repair or Replacement
Any time that your garage door shows signs of wear or failure, you’ll need to start thinking about repairs. There are several giveaways that indicate your springs are starting to fail.
- Unusual Noises: Even the best garage doors will make some noise when opening and closing. If your door is in good condition, the noise should be a slight whirr from the motor, along with some mechanical noise as the door lifts or descends along the tracks. If you notice grinding, squeaking, pinging, or loud knocking sounds, it’s time to call a garage door spring repair professional for an inspection.
- Problems When Opening and Closing: Your door should open and close smoothly, just like the day it was installed. If your door is not closing all the way, or if it is failing top open, you could have a problem with your garage door springs. Any time that your door starts to behave erratically, you’ll need to call a professional.
- Uneven Opening and Closing: When you open or close your garage door, it should move at the same rate on both sides. If your door is unbalanced towards the left or the right, it could be time for garage door spring replacement in Florida. A technician will be able to inspect the door to find the root cause of the problem. Even if the springs aren’t at fault, a professional will be able to diagnose the issue and make a recommendation for repair.
Don’t delay when you notice problems with your garage door. Even seemingly minor problems could compromise the security of your home, or the safety of your family. Garage Door Pros can perform a complete health check of your garage door. With extensive training and experience, we’ll make recommendations for the most cost-effective repairs without cutting corners. If you want complete peace of mind, it’s time to talk to Florida’s garage door experts.
Broken Garage door Springs and The Best Way to Approach Repairs
As time goes by a broken spring on your garage door will be sure to happen. Extended use of your garage door causes strain on the springs and they eventually break. We have some of the best quality springs in stock and will have them installed for you in no time.
Your garage door parts should be maintained on a regular basis to prevent common garage door injuries and harm to your vehicle. A garage door with a broken torsion spring can fall rapidly and cause injury or death. Investing in high-end torsion springs is a great way to spend your hard-earned money.
There are signs to look out for that will signal torsion springs that are nearing their end. Squeaky springs are often the first sign of springs that are quickly wearing down. Eventually, you will hear the squeak become very loud and unbearable as time goes by. The average spring life is 7-9 years, which equals to 10,000 cycles at 4 cycles a day. If you use your garage door more frequently you can cut that time in half. There is a wide range of options for you to choose from when it comes to the selection of springs available. Choosing to have your torsion springs installed professionally will make a huge difference.
According to an online survey carried out by Harris Poll, 82% of Americans with a garage end up in trouble for taking garage door maintenance for granted. To avoid this, Fix your torsion springs or extension springs today and stop procrastinating! Garage door parts often seem to have a chain reaction when it comes to its functionality. One bad part will cause strain on other parts of your garage which will eventually lead to a breakdown. Knowing which parts are not working their best will give you a major advantage ahead of time.
We have the tools needed in order to get the job done for you in no time at all. There are many ways to get the job done yourself, but it isn’t recommended.
Use Caution When Dealing with Broken Garage Door Springs
If the garage cables appear to be broken that is a signal that your torsion spring is coming to an end. If your garage door has two torsion springs, the second spring will keep your cables tight. and on the drums. You will have to look up at the springs to determine if one is broken. Another thing to look out for is a bend at the top of your garage door. This often signals that your springs are no longer pulling the door fully in. You will be surprised at how many other problems you will run into if you don’t have good springs installed.
Now is the perfect time for you to find a reliable source that will gladly help you achieve success. There is no reason why you should skip out on installing the right torsion springs for your garage.
The last and most important thing you should look for is jerky motion. You might have one broken spring on a two spring system. This can cause your garage door to open uneven and is not a great way to start the morning. With the holidays approaching and the winter season coming near now is the time to fix your garage.
Imagine waking up one morning to broken springs that prevent you from leaving your home. The number one thing that you want to prevent from happening is your garage door spring breaking. This will cause everything to go crazy. The cables will become twisted if they catch on the edge of the sliding track. A lot of force comes down when a garage door spring breaks.Instead of replacing your entire garage door system you can easily repair a thing or two first. If you want to work with the best give us a call to repair your garage door fixed in a timely manner you won’t be disappointed.
Why It’s Never a Good Idea to DIY Repair Your Garage
At Garage Door Pros, we understand that many homeowners love to perform DIY repairs around the house. It’s a great way to develop your maintenance skills and learn about different systems and construction techniques. While there are plenty of repairs that are suited to DIY, broken spring repair is not one of them.
Springs are under tension and there can be serious consequences when something goes wrong. Blunt impact or even lacerations are a possibility. If you are working on your garage alone and run into trouble, you could be at serious risk of sustaining life-threatening injuries.
On top of the risk factor, there’s also the simple fact that garage door systems can be complicated. Sure, you might look at the system and be able to identify all the parts, but do you know what they do, how they work together, and which parts are more likely to fail as a consequence of your springs breaking?
The simple fact is that without intensive training, you will never be truly ready to replace garage door springs. Why put yourself at risk when you can rely on a team of friendly experts in South Florida.
We won’t just replace your springs. We’ll perform a complete inspection to identify any other potential points of failure. If you’re ever considering a DIY fix for your garage, keep in mind all the reasons why it’s not the best idea:
- You could injure yourself or others who are near the garage door or any of its moving parts.
- You could cause damage to other parts of your garage without knowing it.
- Incorrect repairs will compromise the security of your home.
- You may replace springs with the wrong parts, leading to the risk of failure or injury.
- You may purchase low-quality parts from a seemingly reputable retailer.
- You won’t be able to identify problems that are in development.
- Any damage caused by a failed DIY repair will end up costing you money.
It’s simply not worth it. Let Garage Door Pros do the heavy lifting for you. We can perform garage door spring replacement with no risk of injury. Our work is guaranteed, so you’ll have complete confidence in the results.
Best of all, you’ll save time, and by avoiding further damage, you’ll save money, too.
Finding the Right Company for Your Garage Door Repair
Homeowners in Fort Lauderdale in need of the right garage door repair often come to us. Broken springs on a garage door are absolutely nothing to play with! The best advice we can give is to not open your garage door until professionals look at it. As stated, you will risk injuring yourself and others if it decides to collapse.
While we don’t recommend lifting the door when the spring breaks, we do know that there are cases where you may need to. If you absolutely must open your garage door you will need two to three people in case it opens lopsided. Once you get the door opened, use vise-grips or a c-clamp on the track. This will keep it in place while you unload and remove what’s needed.