Table of Contents
Keyless Garage Door Entry System Fort Lauderdale Florida
Most people have a routine when they wake up each morning and head to work. And most people, at some point, look at the time and realize that they don’t have the luxury of leisure as they get ready for the day.
Get up, get dressed, get to work. In that order.
Not many things cut into the routine more than an inoperable keyless entry system. Sure, it only takes a couple of minutes to manually open and close your garage door. But a couple of minutes can be very valuable during your daily commute.
Getting into and out of your home will become simple when you have a keyless garage door system. Garage Door Pros will help you to find products that are within your budget, with all of the features you need to make your home more convenient and secure.
Reasons That Garage Door Keyless Entry Systems Stop Working
There are any number of reasons why the keyless entry system on your garage door might stop working, including the following:
- No Power to The Unit: If the lights and remote are working, and if the unit is plugged in, the problem is most likely the circuit board on the electric opener. Problems with the circuit board can be caused by vibration. This usually occurs after years of faithful service. The shaking of the supports, cables, and the motor itself can cause small disconnections on the board. Lightning or a power surge is also a culprit where blown-out circuitry is experienced.
- Remote Becomes Inoperative: If the wall switch works but the remote does not, chances are there is damage to the remote unit and not the electric motor. If the batteries are fine, then the problem is in the connections within the remote unit. Professional installers of garage door opener equipment can replace the remote with a brand new one that will fit your garage door opener’s frequency as there are many different ones based on brands and models type.
- Motor Does Not Open the Door: The problem here is most likely either in the trolley carriage rather than inside the garage door motor or the rotating mechanism is worn out/ broken which. If the trolley moves but does not open the door, the motor is working just fine. Instead, a new trolley carriage will have to be installed in order to fix the problem. A broken system will need to be either repaired or replaced; this is due to several reasons: over-load of weight, unbalanced door, an object blocking the smooth door operation. Don’t cut corners if the motor or door is not functioning properly. Automatic garage doors can be hazardous to children, pets, and adults. Hire a professional garage door service company for complete peace of mind.
- Opener Cannot Be Operated by the Wall Switch: The wall switch wires can come loose, and this is the probable cause for failure of the switching mechanism. A garage door opener technician can quickly identify the problem and correct it. A garage door motor is generally not to blame for inoperative switches. However, an electric opener must be properly aligned with the sensors in order to receive any signal commanding automatic open/close.
With Garage Door Pros, all these potential malfunctions are easily serviceable. Our professionals are well-trained in the installation, repair, and maintenance of keyless entry systems for garage doors.
Options to Consider When Choosing a Keyless Entry Garage Door System
A keyless garage door entry system is one of the rare home additions that will become essential from the moment you try it.
The convenience is something that can’t be easily explained without experiencing it first. Whether it’s being able to remain in your vehicle while your door automatically opens during a storm, or being able to quickly hop into your car, open the door, and head off to work, you will find that the keyless entry system can improve your quality of life. With the help of Garage Door Pros, you can make your home more convenient than ever before.
There are several technologies to consider as you choose a system. Some of the most popular include:
- A standard key fob remote control system is the most common solution. A small radio device can be attached to your keyring, working just like an old-style remote, but with the benefit of being much smaller. Key fobs are easy to use, and modern garage door openers provide secure operating channels that make it harder for thieves to access your home. Keep in mind that even though newer models are more secure, your home can be compromised if you ever leave your key fob anywhere. Never store your key fob in your car or anywhere else where it could be easily stolen. Keep it on your person and enjoy peace of mind.
- If you want something secure where you will never have to use a remote, you could consider a keypad entry system. A keypad can be placed on the exterior of your home next to the garage door, requiring a pin for entry. This solution is not quite as convenient as a remote, but it can in some cases be more secure. If you want an even better way to implement a keypad, have it installed on a pillar just outside of your garage so that you can quickly input your code through your open car window. Biometric devices are also available, using fingerprint scanners rather than pin codes.
- Some of the more advanced garage door systems rely on Wi-Fi technology to connect to your smartphone. A smart garage door opener will allow you to use an application to lock, open, and close your garage door from anywhere that you have an internet connection. The security of these systems is somewhat unproven, but most include a form of encryption. If you are considering being one of the early adopters of this technology, Garage Door Pros can help you to make a fully informed decision.
No matter what type of system you choose, always follow best-practice garage door security steps to keep your home secure.
Not sure which option is right for you? We can help. Contact our garage door service experts today for a free consultation.
Avoid Disappointment by Working with The Best Keyless Entry Garage Door Installers
Any major work involving your garage door is best left to the professionals. Getting started is as simple as choosing the design you want and talking to a team of garage door installation experts.
Getting into and out of your home will become simple when you have a keyless garage door system. Garage Door Pros will help you to find products that are within your budget, and that meet all your security and functionality requirements.
With decades of experience in the industry, we offer prompt, efficient, and affordable service. Whether you need a complete garage door installation, garage door repairs, or a keyless entry upgrade, we’re here to help.
Enjoy all the benefits of keyless garage door entry by calling us today. Get your free estimate and look forward to a more convenient home this year.