Table of Contents
Keeping Your Garage Door in Good Repair Is Vital
There are several reasons why you need to keep your garage door in good condition:
- Keep the bad guys out: Being that quite a good number of burglars get into properties through garage doors, the issue of security is a big one. Your car is one of the most expensive items you own, and any thief knows that. That’s why you need to ensure that your garage door is working as intended, and keeping them out.
- To protect from the elements: The wind and rain can really do a number on your home, so you need your garage door to be able to stand up to the abuse. If rain gets inside, it’s the fastest way to mold in your garage, and to your tools rusting if they’re kept there.
- To avoid malfunction: No one wants to think about the door malfunctioning, but it can happen. You don’t want your car to end up trapped because the door won’t work, so you need to keep it in good working condition.
- Avoid injury or accidents: We all know that one person who had their garage door fall on them, or their car. If your garage door is in poor condition, it may malfunction and cause injury. To prevent garage door injuries, you need to keep your door in good condition.
Types Of Garage Door That Can Be Repaired By Us
Here are the three types of garage door that can be fixed by our Fort Lauderdale garage door service:
- Sectional Garage Doors: These are the most commonly used garage doors in residential homes. They lift up and against the ceiling of your garage, allowing the car in under it. They’re popular as they save a lot of space, and are often one of the most simple to install.
- Side Hinged Door: These doors open in the middle and outwards in order to give entry to the garage. Having the installed is usually a cosmetic choice, although they’re just as good at protecting your garage from the elements as any other type of door.
- Up and Over Garage Doors: These are somewhat unique as they swing up and out before being stored. They are very popular with homeowners though, due to the fact they’re simple to use when storing your car.
How To Keep Your Garage Doors In Good Repair
- Look and listen: Every time you use the door, watch and listen to it. Does the door move smoothly, or is it becoming jerky? Can you hear any untoward noises coming from it? If so, you may have to conduct some additional checks to find the source of the problem.
- Inspect the door regularly: Really have a good look at your garage door. Are there cracks showing anywhere? Is the seal coming away at the edges? Can you see water or other debris coming in underneath it? If there are any major garage door problems that you should address immediately, you may need to call a garage door repair company, such as ourselves.
- Lubricate moving parts: If this step isn’t taken, then the parts could stiffen up and not work correctly. Use an aerosol spray lubricant to oil up the combination hinge and rollers, and the lock mechanism on the door. Always check the manufacturer’s guide before doing this, to ensure the parts are lubricated properly.
- Clean out any debris blocking the door: A door may not shut properly if it senses that something is in the way. Clean everything out of the doorway, including leaves and other natural debris. Consider installing a moisture sealant as it stops anything getting under the door.
- Check the cables: You should never touch cables yourself, as they can be dangerous and cause serious injury. If you see any damage though, you need to call in an expert for cable replacement.
- Inspect the rollers: These are used all the time in opening and closing the garage door, so they can take a decent amount of wear and tear. If they’re seen to be chipped or otherwise damaged, you might need a roller repair or replacement service.
As you can see, it’s important to keep your garage door in top condition. If you don’t, you could end up with a costly repair job. Call Garage Doors Pro to take a look, and we can nip problems in the bud.
Why DIY Isn’t the Best Way to Keep Your Garage Door Maintained
You may have considered DIY garage door repair and maintenance. We warn against this in most situations. Unless you have training and experience, you could expose yourself to the risk of damage and even injury in the worst case.
Garage doors are complex mechanisms, relying on several separate but closely linked parts. If you don’t have an in-depth understanding of every component, you risk performing repairs or maintenance that put your whole system out of order. Calling a professional garage door service team in Fort Lauderdale will ensure that you have complete peace of mind, no matter what the problem is.
Consider all the dangers that are associated with DIY garage door service and repair:
- Springs and cables are a major safety hazard if they aren’t handled correctly. Springs are under tension and if you don’t know how to properly remove or replace them, you could suffer from impact injuries or even lacerations. There’s also a chance that your garage door could come violently crashing down, causing crushing injuries or damage to your property.
- If you try to work on electrical components of your garage door without the proper training, you could suffer from electric shock. If you are working alone then it could take hours before help is at hand. Even if you aren’t injured, any small mistake could cause irreversible and expensive damage to your garage door opener.
Is it really worth the risk? In our professional opinion, hiring experts will always produce better results, while eliminating every possible risk. Technicians at Garage Door Pros can offer significant benefits over DIY repairs and maintenance.
- Our team is expertly trained and licensed to perform Fort Lauderdale garage door service.
- We have the right tools and equipment to get the job done quickly.
- We use high-quality components to ensure long-lasting repairs.
- With our experience, we can fix the problem you are having today while identifying any potential points of failure that need to be addressed.
- Our garage door service is fully insured, so you will have confidence at every point of the process.
You know how to identify a door that needs service. Now it’s time to work with the best team in the business. Garage Door Pros can provide all forms of garage door service and repair at affordable prices. Call us today and get one of the most important features of your home in top working order again.
Sources and References: