Call: (954) 830-9661
Like everything else in your home, your garage door is subject to wear and tear. Eventually, you’re going to need to do some repairs on it to keep it working properly. When is it time to call a Davie garage door service, though? Read on to find out.
Signs Your Door Needs Some TLC
First of all, you’re going to need to learn the signs of a door that needs some help. Here are some ways you’ll know you’ll need to have your door repaired:
- The door won’t open or close: This is the most obvious sign that your door needs repair, and soon. If it’s stood open, your home isn’t secure, and if it’s stuck closed, you can’t get your car in or out!
- Slow response times: Sometimes your garage door may take a second or two to respond when you go to open it. If this happens for a while, or is taking longer to respond, then you need to get it looked at.
- The door has come off its tracks: This can happen to older garage doors or those that have sustained damage in a storm. When this happens, it’s much harder for the door to open and close. Trying to continue using it can actually cause more damage in the long run.
- The door makes a lot of noise: There can be a few reasons for this. For example, it could be loose hardware, an issue with the garage door opener, or worn rollers. You may need a garage door expert to tell you what’s causing the noise, and how it can be fixed.
- Sagging: Over time, a garage door may start to sag in place. This will affect the way it opens and closes and indicate that some repair work needs to be done.
When Is It Time To Call A Garage Door Repair Service?
Ok, so you’ve seen that there’s a problem with your garage door. Is it time to call in a garage door repair company? It all depends on the kind of issue you’re having with your garage door and your level of expertise in mending the door itself.
There are some issues that you should never attempt to rectify yourself. For example, if the springs in your door need attention, you should never touch them yourself. They can cause serious injury if handled improperly, and so you want to call in an expert to handle them.
If you’re not entirely sure what you should do to fix your door, again, it’s time to call in an expert. They can accurately diagnose the issue and repair it for you, and you know the job has been done properly. You can watch a Youtube video or read a guide and think you’ve done a good job yourself, but you’d be amazed at how many issues you can have with your door thanks to a non-expert fix.
In short, if you think the job is too big or too complex for you to do alone, you’re better off calling in a garage door repair Davie to handle the job for you.
What Can You Do Yourself?
There are some fixes you can make yourself, without having to call a repair service. These are often fixed to the garage door opener system that doesn’t require you to handle anything dangerous in the door itself. For example, you can recalibrate your opener as per the instructions in your manual, if needed. Also, you can maintain your garage door to ensure that it stays in optimal working order. Lubricating all the relevant parts is important to keep the door functional. It’s also a good idea to remove any debris from around the garage door, to ensure that it can open and close properly. Even doing a small amount of maintenance will keep the door working perfectly in the future.
If your garage door is experiencing problems that you ensure how to fix, then it’s time to call in a repair company. Have the expertise to fix the door safely, and have it working in perfect condition once the fix is complete. If you’re not sure, call in the experts.